Thursday 3 January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there and Happy New Year to you all !!

It feels so good to be back, I ended up taking an unscheduled break from blogging and I really missed it.

I hope that all my dear readers have had a Peaceful Christmas and managed to enjoy some precious family time.

I have tons of Christmas stuff to show you but if I am honest with you I am a bit Chrsitmassed out so I will share our cards we sent out this year and the cards I made for my lovely team, then hopefully I will move onto some non christmassy projects.

Each year, I send a Christmas ornament to every direct member in my team and I can hardly believe that this year was my 5th ornament. Here’s the one I made this year,

stockings main

I loved the Candlelight Fabric in the Winter seasonal catty and thanks to the Stocking Die from Stampin’Up! I was able to whip up nearly 60 of these babies in a relatively short space of time. My lovely Carol helped me die cut them all then I had a fun day sewing, stuffing and finishing them off. They turned out cute I thought, but I really would have liked to add some sparkly dazzling diamonds to the fluffy white bit. I  couldn’t however figure a way of doing it without turning my own home into a sparkly grotto so I sent them sans glitter this year

You can see Last Year’s HERE.

And here are the cards

team card

They were not simple cards but these girls mean a lot to me so I wanted to spend a bit of time on their cards. We took a week out of December for a relaxing holiday in warm Turkey and I packed the supplies for these cards with me to work on. I finished them in one afternoon so they didn’t take to much of my relaxing time and anyway crafting is my relaxation :)

Here’s a close up, I used my two favourite sets from the seasonal catalogue, Watercolour Winter and Heart of Christmas.

team card close

Colour Combo was Night of Navy, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. I planned on a different combo which is why the stamping was done Early Espresso but I loved the Night of Navy base more, it looked so much better for this card.

And of course you cannot beat the gorgeous glimmer paper or the beautiful faceted buttons.

Next our personal cards, I used the same stamp set but changed the colour scheme and instead of glimmer paper I used our fabulous chunky glass glitter and the shimmery gold card which I embossed using the Big Shot.

our cards main

I really loved the end result and the wooden button was the perfect accessory. Here’s a close up

our cards close

The sentiment is from the set Greetings of the Season.

And I made some more in a different style

ornament cards

I loved the knitwear trend displayed everywhere this season and I knew from the minute I saw the Snow festival designer paper that I would use them to make these window cards. The Composition Speciality Papers  are FAB on their own as they carry pretty designs clear embossed on the surface so it was a question of arranging the framelits on the plate at the same time and cut. I didn’t even add a sentiment (didn’t think it needed it) but the sweater trim was the perfect finishing touch.

ornament cards close

Right thank you for stopping by, I am hoping to see you again soon but until then why don’t you  check out this month’s special offer from Stampin’Up! click on the image to find out more. See you next time, till then BIG HUGS xxx

valentines-promotion

LOve promo

Love Notes

Shop Stampin' Up!

3 comments :

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx