Saturday, 28 September 2013

A different Card in a box

Hello there,
How’s your weekend going? I am a little late blogging today as I just returned home from teaching some fab classes to a fab group of crafters :)
We all had such a great  time, they very kindly treated me to a yummy lunch and I came home with a big smile on my face :). I love spending time with crafty people, you always end up having a good laugh (usually at my expense).
Do you run or attend a craft group? Would you like me to  come along and teach some fabulous projects? If yes is the answer then please contact me so that I can explain how it all works.
One of the projects we did today was another card in a box, this time we switched colours for reds and golds.
Card in a Box
Love the uniqueness of these cards, yet they are surprisingly easy to make. And I received so many requests on how you make them, that I decided to shoot a video. I hope to have it by Wednesday so stay tuned.
We used Soft Suede as our base colour and paired is with the Season of Style designer paper.
Card in a Box close
The snowflakes were stamped in Cherry cobbler and gold ink and cut out with the matching framelits. I am loving these so much this season. I used a glue pen to add some gold glitter accents. Here’s a little tip for you. I found that the gold glitter was a little too goldy (here we go again with the word manufacturing) so to get round it I mixed it with the  silver to tone it down. I am a lot happier with the toned down version, it looks less tacky and more classy :).
And thanks to the magentic platform I find myself getting a bit more use out of my framelits, used the Layered labels matching framelits for my sentiment.
Card in a Box close sentiment
And here's a link to the video tutorial so that you can make your own :)

 
Thank you for your visit and see you again soon.
Hugs xxx
SUPPLIES all Stampin’Up!


Shop Stampin' Up!